Monday, May 6, 2013

Lentil Soup 2.0

I'm back from a crazy, but fun, weekend! We went down to Tampa on Friday for a wedding. We got to spend some time with our nephew (and godson!), Tyler, and then saw all of our friends on Saturday for our friends Kyle and Mel's wedding. The wedding was Kentucky Derby themed, so all of the girls wore big derby hats, and all the guys wore bowties and pastels. I still have to upload the pics, so expect to see those within the next few days.

Anyway, back to the lentils. We all know that lentils are good for you, however, did you know that lentils are a superfood? According to Self.com, the top 10 superfoods are salmon, apples, quinoa, lentils, olive oil, eggs, yogurt, sweet potatoes, kiwi, and edamame. They all have different health benefits and honestly, I absolutely love everything on that list. I suddenly had a craving and decided to make my lentil soup again, so that I can eat it for the rest of the week. I made a few little changes to it and to tell you the truth, I liked it even better than the first time I made it. In addition to the original ingredients, I added red bell pepper, garbanzo beans, and cumin. I think the pepper and cumin made a big difference in the taste. I also added a little extra paprika and garlic. I revised the original recipe - click on the link below and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment