Thursday, May 8, 2014

Changes Galore!

Hello friends. Man, have we had a lot of changes these last few months! First off, we moved! We loved, loved, loved living in Atlanta. Even though we weren't there long, I feel very lucky that we had the opportunity to experience life there. There's so much to do and it's a really pretty place. I won't miss the 30 degree temps in March, but I will miss the four seasons - especially fall. If you've read my blog before, you know how much I absolutely LOVE fall. The weather, the farmers' markets, pumpkins, changing leaves...sigh. However, once we learned we were having a baby, it seemed like the right decision to make the move back to Tampa. Most all of our close friends have young children and babies, not to mention I know more people who are pregnant than I can keep track of (seriously - I have to stop and count by month since there are so many). It also just so happens that this is the year of the boy! I'm due in June, and I have 3 other friends due in July, August, and September - all with boys! Plus, one friend just had a boy last month, so Baby G will have no shortage of little buddies his age. It also allowed us to be closer to family. We felt it was really important for the baby to be close to his grandparents, aunts, uncle, and cousin. We decided to continue renting out previous house out, and bought a home in a different part of town that we used to live in - an area known to be very family friendly and have some of the best schools in the area.

So far, we love it here! We lucked out on our house (and I mean, lucked OUT!). It's perfect for us and it's within walking distance to a great park/playground. Our neighbors have been very welcoming, and there are lots of little baby boys around here as well. The only gripe I have is the lovely gator who decided to sun himself on our lawn about 2 weeks ago...We live with our backyard facing a huge pond, and he graced us with his presence one afternoon. Supposedly, they haven't been spotted in this pond before, so Florida Wildlife got a phone call from me, and hopefully they can take him away to a place where alligators can frolic and play...preferably very far away from here. Anyway, the house itself is awesome. The lady who lived here before us took incredible care of everything, and upgraded a lot. Before we moved in, we re-painted the inside colors to our liking, but other than that, the house was good to go! We also have a screened in pool which is coming in very handy since we've had lots and lots of 89 degree days (God bless all you ladies who have to go through Florida summers being pregnant!). Penny's been in a few times, except she apparently forgotten that she likes to swim (I have video proof of her at the beach and pool in the past). She'd prefer to run around the perimeter of the pool and spazz out over the floating chlorine holder that looks like a duck wearing sunglasses.

I had my baby shower about 2 weeks ago and reality is starting to set in! I'm 34 weeks now, and Baby G is growing beautifully. He kicks and moves all the time, and gets the hiccups several times a day. We're almost done decorating his nursery, and I could just sit in his room and stare at everything for hours. I love it and I can't wait to meet our little man. We have just a couple finishing touches, and then I'll post pics on here once it's all done.

That being said, I'm off to fold some more baby laundry. Just wanted to post a little update on what's been going on lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment