Friday, September 5, 2014

Getting the Hang of Things

It's been a little over 2 months now since Brendan's been born, and I'm finally starting to adapt to normal life again (sorta). It's amazing how packed your day gets and how a simple trip to Target requires more than just grabbing your keys and heading out the door. I knew it wouldn't be easy and things would be VERY different. Being a stay at home mom is tough...very tough. I know a lot of people who don't have kids think that it's a piece of cake, but it's not. Being at the beckon call of someone who can't fend for himself, while trying to take care of yourself and maintain a house is more demanding than any job I've ever had...seriously. Fortunately, Mike's been doing extremely well with work however, he has to travel a lot since he's got construction going on in Alabama and Georgia, leaving me to not only be a stay at home mom, but be a single stay at home mom as well. Fortunately, Brendan is a good baby and a good sleeper. He's not on a schedule just yet (we're working on it), but he tends to go down between 9-10:00 and get up anywhere from 4:30 to 6:00 (once he slept until 7:30. It was the greatest gift that little man could have given us!).

This kid is also getting BIG! At his 2 month checkup, he was a little over 25" long and weighed 12 lbs, 13 oz. He's in the 81st percentile for weight, and 96th for height. I packed away his newborn clothes recently and wanted to cry my eyes out. He's already in 3 month clothes now! At the rate this kid's going, he'll be wearing 9 month size by Christmas...He's also very "chatty" lately, cooing and making noises all the time. He'll talk to anyone or anything that'll listen to him. Me, Mike, Penny, the ceiling fan. You name it, he'll strike up a conversation with it. He also smiles a lot now, which is the sweetest thing I've ever seen. That chubby, gummy smile just makes me happy no matter what!

Here are a few pictures of him so far. We've been taking our monthly pics, not to mention my iPad is loading with nothing but pics of this kid. We spend so much time taking pictures of him, that we realized we had no pics of us with him since the hospital! My parents were here last weekend so we had my dad take a couple pics of us as a family so this poor kid won't look back on baby pictures of himself and think he was raised by ghosts, since we're nowhere to be seen. Looking at these pictures, it's so fun to see how much he's grown and changed in just 2 months.





This is what we've been posting on Facebook and sending to family. Thought it would be fun to keep up with his stats each month. Aren't those tie stickers so cute?! My mom's friend Rita gave them to us. I love them - he's such a little man!



He and Penny and pals. Their expressions that I caught in the one month pic are great!



The hat and booties were a little set I ordered on Etsy, given Mike's line of work. I couldn't resist! Future general contractor. This was at one month old.

Such a happy kid! I mean, look at that face... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment