Monday, October 15, 2012

Happy birthday to me!

This past Saturday was my 33rd birthday. 33...I have no idea how I got to that age. Time has flown WAY too fast! October is a crazy month for us because Mike's birthday is 10/2, mine is 10/13, my dad is 10/14, my mom is 10/16 and my sister is 10/18. I've always been on the fence deciding if I ever want to try and have kids in October. Part of me doesn't think I have the energy to add another date to the October calendar and the other part of me says screw it, just get all the birthdays done at once.
Since the weather has been nothing short of gorgeous here lately, Mike decided to surprise me with a little day trip to Helen, GA. It's north of Atlanta, about an hour and a half drive. Supposedly, Helen is supposed to be one of the best places to see the changing of the leaves in the Fall here in Georgia, and it definitely did not disappoint! A few people we ran into there said to come back in a few weeks when the leaves are mostly all red and orange and it's even prettier. We may head up there early to mid November and check it out again.
In addition to walking around Unicoi State Park, we hung out at Helen's famous Oktoberfest. Helen is a quaint, little German town. I seriously felt like I was in Epcot - all the buildings look like something out of Germany, but almost in an over-the-top way. Every year, they host an Oktoberfest that goes on for a few weeks - lots of crowds, beers and food. It was a fun time - I'd definitely go back. And no, I felt no shame in talking my way into free birthday beer when the bartenders would ask for my I.D. And yes, it worked :)



























No comments:

Post a Comment