Thursday, October 11, 2012

Changes!

Hello, friends! So, I've been giving a lot of thought to my blogging life lately. For those of you who didn't know, I had another blog that I had started just after Mike and I got married. It was just a personal, every day blog. When we were planning our wedding, I had started a blog on our wedding website and after the wedding was over, people had asked if I would continue writing. I thought it would be fun so I began a blog called The Tall & the small (played on the fact that my husband is 6'3 and I'm 5'2. I know, I know.). Once I began this blog in January, I had all intentions of making this blog solely about photography and the other would be personal. Well, not that running 2 blogs is hard to do or anything, but I noticed that I started writing more entries on this blog in addition to my pictures. In doing so, I wouldn't write on my other blog since I didn't want to be repetitive. The result of that was some neglect to my poor, little Tall & small. So, I decided that I would call it quits on the other blog and combine them both into one blog - this one. I'm still going to post tons of pictures as usual. The only difference is that I'm going to do more writing in addition to my pictures. I really do enjoy blogging, I just figured it would make more sense to have one, not two, since they're so similar. Lately I've been toying with the idea of starting a food blog...I love to cook and bake (I even bake for my dog now), so I thought of maybe turning that into a new project. We'll see...I'm getting off track. One thing at a time :)

Anyway, that's the little change that will be taking place. Still lots of great pics, but also some more writing, more posts. Some might have pictures to accompany them and some might not. You'll get to know me a little better and you'll have some more things to read when you're at work but not really working (don't lie - you know you're nodding your head "yes" at that!). Hopefully that's cool with all of you. I really do appreciate each and every one of you out there in the blog world who reads this. Every time I log into Blogger and see that I've gotten more hits, it makes me smile. I don't know who you are but I do want to say thank you! I also added the link on the side of my page in case you want to follow my blog. No pressure - I know you still read it :) 

We're going to some Fall festivals this weekend (hooray for Atlanta and this AWESOME Fall weather!), so I'll have some new pics and posts coming soon. Last weekend, we went back to Tampa for my sister-in-law's baby shower on Saturday and my friend Stacy's baby shower on Sunday. Two hours into our trip, I realized my camera bag was sitting on the bedroom floor. I seriously asked Mike if we could turn around and he looked at me like I had eight heads. He was behind the wheel, otherwise our 7.5 hour trip would have turned into an 11.5 hour trip. I was beyond bummed out but made the decision that I will now always pack my camera case first. If I forget other things like shampoo and underwear, that's nothing a quick trip to a Target can't fix. My camera, not so much. 

It's getting late so I'm off to bed, my friends. Mike and Penny are both snoring on the couch, so this is my cue to head downstairs and put my pajamas on. Hope you're on board with my little changes and keep an eye out for some new posts soon!

xo,
Brie

1 comment: