Monday, September 24, 2012

My love affair with Atlanta

I have to say, I just LOVE living in Atlanta! The city is beautiful, the people are so nice (true "southern hospitality" DOES exist!), and there always seems to be something to do. Seriously, every time I open my email and read one of the 153 Atlanta newsletters and discount sites I've signed up for, they are pushing some sort of event, exhibit or festival. Don't even get me started on the festivals. There is one every weekend. Especially in the Fall, this city just seems to love their festivals. No complaints here! We had a few back in Tampa but most of the time they were hot, crowded and overpriced. There are also farmers markets everywhere and one just happens to be across the street from our place every Saturday morning. I have yet to check out the one at Piedmont Park, but I heard it's great! Maybe this weekend...

Anyway, another thing there seems to be plenty of here are parks, including my beloved Piedmont Park. Attached to Piedmont Park is the Atlanta Botanical Gardens. We've only been there once before. Back in December, we went at night for their Holiday Lights display (which was beautiful!). We had yet to see it during the day, so we strolled through last Saturday afternoon. Here are a few pics from our visit. My favorite are the bumble bees. Oh my gracious are the bees here huge!! I risked getting close enough for the sake of good shots, and it was totally worth it. Surprisingly, I ended up with no bee stings. Just some really cool pics. 





















1 comment: