Monday, June 17, 2013

So, About That Raw Food Challenge...

Hey kids - remember when I told you about that raw food challenge I was doing for a week? Well, it's over now, and here's what I came home from Publix with today:


Not only 5 super sweet products, but 5 brand new super sweet products. I've actually had the coffee creamer already - I bought it once before, a couple of weeks ago when I first spotted it at Target, and it was so freaking good. God bless those awesome Girl Scouts.


I also opened the peanut butter and the Goldfish since cravings curiosity won me over. The Goldfish taste exactly like french toast drizzled with syrup, and the peanut butter tastes like a tub of chocolate-peanut butter frosting. It's actually lower in fat and calories than regular peanut butter (not by much, but every little bit counts. Right?). I'm sure I'll dive into the Special K bars tomorrow.


Anyway, now that I've kicked your sugar cravings into high gear, I'll tell you about my raw food week. It actually wasn't too bad. I didn't really know what to expect from it to be honest. I pretty much stuck to the same thing each day. Here's how my week went:

Breakfast:
Smoothie made with honey, pineapple, frozen peaches, strawberries, and bananas
Grapefruit

Snack:
Fruit (usually grapes, an apple, a pear, or watermelon)
Handful of mixed nuts (pistachios, peanuts, almonds, and cashews)

Lunch:
Salad made with kale, red leaf lettuce, red onion, yellow pepper, tomato, black olives, garbanzo beans, avocado, zucchini, and a light dressing of olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Snack:
Fruit or a Lara Bar

Dinner:
Salad made with tomato, cucumber, red onion, and avocado, tossed with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and sprinkled with basil

Snack:
Grapes or watermelon

This was fine for the first 3 days, but then it got a little old. I did cheat a little on Thursday and Friday. I had my monthly girls' wine night at a friend's house on Thursday, so I had a little wine and some cheese. On Friday, I went to my friend Natalie's house and had a drink and a few snacks. I would probably do it again in a few months, but only for 3 days. I think it's a good way to give your body a detox every now and then, and I could definitely feel a difference after 3 days. 

Now excuse me as I go dip my pretzel thins into my chocolate peanut butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment