Thursday, February 2, 2012

Big Easy love

This past September, I was asked to participate in an expo for my company during a conference going on in New Orleans. Twist my arm, why don't ya? It ran Thursday-Saturday until around noon, so Mike flew out that Friday and we made a weekend trip out of it. It was my first real time visiting (I was there when I was 7 with my parents, to visit a family friend. That doesn't count. What the heck is there to do in New Orleans when you're 7??). Sadly, I was most excited about the food. I know, I know. There's so much more to do in NOLA than eat, but I happen to be a huge fan of Cajun food and have been known to shamelessly scarf down several plate-fulls of crawfish on my own at past crawfish boils we've attended.

We were blessed with great weather and even though we only had a few short days, still managed to cram a lot in. My dad went to Tulane so I wanted to visit the campus since I hadn't seen it since I was there last (and didn't really remember it). Of course, we had to spend some time in the French Quarter as well. I loved all the old buildings with the wrought-iron balconies. For my dad's birthday, I took some of my favorite pics and gave him a collage frame with black and whites. I added a few of those below.

And of course, I got my crawfish.

Aren't they just so pretty?? Yum!



St. Louis Cathedral - one of my ancestors, Jose Manuel Gayoso, is buried here. He was the Spanish governor of Louisiana from 1789-1799.








This house is next door to Tulane's campus. Supposedly, people live there but this place looks like is hasn't been occupied in 50 years. The backyard looks like a graveyard for religious statues and clearly it's in need of some MAJOR yard work. Go on - tell me this place isn't haunted. I dare you. I'm still trying to figure out what the figure in the window in the middle is...


The front of the house. Is anyone else creeped out by this??



No comments:

Post a Comment