Friday, January 25, 2013

Brrr....

It's been COLD this week! It's been really pretty, though - clear, blue skies and sunshine. When it's cold out, I (and most other people, I know) crave warm comfort food. Sticking to my New Year's resolution of trying to make at least one new meal a week, I decided to make a true southern meal - chicken and dumplings. It was pretty easy to make and while it was simmering on the stove, the house had the comforting smell of chicken soup. I got the recipe from my Better Homes & Gardens New Cook Book Bridal Edition (a wedding gift I got 2 years ago).



Mmmmm.....

Princess was cold so she took over my blanket. 

Sorry for the crappy pics. They were taken with my iPhone. 

I hope everyone has a great weekend! Since next weekend is the Super Bowl, I'm going to make a recipe that I'm always asked to make for parties and is perfect for Super Bowl Sunday. Keep an eye out - I'll most likely post it Sunday night. I'm making it again for a party we're going to next weekend, but figured I'd make one ahead of time and post it since I'm always getting asked for the recipe :) Stay warm, friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment