Monday, January 14, 2013

Crock Pot Roast Beef with a Kick

Keeping to my promise of 2013, I made another new meal that I've never made before. It was pretty simple but it was SO good and the best part is that it lasted us several days and there was virtually no mess. I found this Crock Pot recipe on Pinterest for Balsamic Roast Beef. It looked tasty and hearty and with the exception of the beef and red pepper flakes, I had everything else on hand.

I absolutely LOVE my Crock Pot and use it quite often. It's the best to be able to just throw everything in there in the morning and let it work it's magic throughout the day. Plus, your house starts to smell incredible by mid-afternoon. This particular recipe did not disappoint and it was crazy easy.

For the marinade, you'll need garlic, red pepper flakes, beef broth, honey, worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and balsamic vinegar.
One of my most favorite inventions. The people at Reynolds have my heart. For a girl who loves to cook but hates doing dishes, it's Reynolds to the rescue! I already raved about my love for their non-stick foil in my pork chop post. These slow cooker liners are genius! Love, love love.

Next, just mix all ingredients together, pour over meat, cover and let it cook, while you can go about your day, happily thinking that the only dishes you'll have to do for dinner consist of putting a mixing cup and plates into the dishwasher. 

After about 6-7 hours, you'll open the Crock Pot lid to reveal this bad boy. Shred it up with a fork, serve it over some rice or egg noodles (or whatever you fancy, don't let me tell you what to do), and you've got yourself one mouth-watering dinner that should last you a few days. 


The recipe says to use chuck or round roast, but I used a top blade pot roast and it was delish! I cooked mine for about 6 1/2 hours and got a nice, tender, medium roast. Make sure to save the juice from the Crock Pot in a container so you can use it to keep the meat moist when you re-heat it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment