Sunday, March 31, 2013

Chocolate, Champagne, and the 1970s

What do Cadbury Creme Eggs, family, pink champagne, and 1979 all have in common? My week, that's what. It's been a busy week, so I apologize for the lack of posts. I was doing some super important things like baking these:


Oh yes, friends. Those are Cadbury Creme Egg BROWNIES! Holy goodness. I found the recipe here. They were ah-mazing.

My parents and sister came up from Jupiter to visit us this week. And just like the rest of the country, Mother Nature decided to play a nasty little trick on us and made Spring feel more like Winter. They came up on Saturday and naturally, the weather finally started getting nice the day they left. We had a nice time, though. We went to the aquarium, Coca Cola World, Piedmont Park, and my mom got to check out the Gone With the Wind museum (her favorite movie).

Now, here's some pretty awesome news...on Sunday, I got a phone call from a local casting company. Atlanta has become THE place for movies and TV shows to film lately (which is pretty exciting!). "Anchorman 2" has been filming here since last month, and we've seen them around town several times. I follow several of the casting companies on facebook and Twitter, and I've submitted myself to be an extra a few times when I've seen postings requesting extras with my age and look. I submitted myself for AM 2 a few weeks ago, and finally got a call back to play a waitress! It was such a cool experience. I had to go for a fitting and wear some pretty tacky 70s clothes. Granted, we spent more time in hair and makeup and in the holding room than we did on the set, but it was still fun and I would absolutely do it again. I couldn't take pictures and I can't disclose any info about the scene I was part of, except that it's a bar scene and I'm in the background taking drink orders. I believe the movie comes out in November, so keep an eye out for me!

I also had a very well-needed girls night on Thursday night. One of my friends decided to start a ladies wine league, which is pretty much just an excuse for all of us to get together once a month and have some food and try different wines. Since most of the other girls were bringing wine, I opted to bring dessert. To keep with the night's theme, I made cupcakes with pink champagne. Champagne cupcakes with champagne buttercream. They were quite tasty, I must say.


Remember that nasty weather I told you about? Well, the cold finally went away and we had a beautiful Saturday. I was actually able to go outside in capris and short sleeves! Mike and I packed up some cheese, crackers and wine, and took Penny to Piedmont Park for the afternoon. We had a little picnic and then took her to the dog park.




That's about it. Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment