Thursday, March 14, 2013

Doggie Window Seat

Remember a few months ago when I mentioned in this post that I needed a raised dog bed for Penny since she likes to sit by the window? I finally made one! I didn't really have anything specific in my mind - I just wanted to find something practical that she could sit in and stare out the window in. I was walking around Goodwill, when I came across this bathroom medicine cabinet. The creative juices started flowing and after measuring it, realized it would work out just fine.

What I liked about it, is that it can double as storage too. I took out the shelves and gave the whole thing a good cleaning.


I put a piece of cardboard over the mirror, along with some painter's tape. Then I took it outside and gave the whole thing a good spray with black spray paint, inside and out, using Krylon Dual Paint + Primer in black. 



After it was completely dry (I let it sit for a day to be on the safe side), I removed the tape and cardboard and put 2 thick strips of velcro tape down, so that the bed can be removable, but also hold down while Penny's sitting in it.


I found the bed at TJ Maxx. What's cool about the Mooii brand beds, is that a portion of the proceeds go to the Humane Society. 


As for the storage element of it, it was the perfect spot to keep all her doggie shirts, bandanas, harnesses and collars.



The whole thing cost me less than $20 to do! I'm pretty psyched about the way it came out. Let's hope Penny is too...

No comments:

Post a Comment