Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Etsy Love

Have you been on Etsy yet? It's one of my most favorite sites! I discovered it a few years ago when I was getting ready to plan my wedding. It's a site where you buy things from people that are homemade or wholesale - anything from plants, to clothes, to art, etc. It literally has EVERYTHING. It came in so handy for my wedding since I was able to purchase some really cool things off of it that were really unique and customized for me, compared to the standard items you see on most wedding websites. Here are a few things I bought for our wedding:


I wore the rhinestone clip during my reception (I wore the veil at the ceremony), the unity candle was personalized with our names, colors and wedding date, the glasses and bracelets were gifts for my bridesmaids and were customized to look like their wedding dresses (and a bride glass for me), and the bracelets had their initial and rhinestone. I also ordered our table cards and a few other little things. In addition to my wedding items, I've also ordered lots of personalized gifts for family and friends.

You can literally find anything on this site...which is why I decided to open up two shops of my own! With all the baby showers that I've been doing decorations for, I decided to put some up on Etsy and see if they'd sell. I chose one of my favorite decorations that I've made and posted them on there - the owl nest centerpieces I made for my sister-in-law's baby shower in October. Two days after posting, I had an order placed! I've had a few more since then and decided to make some other decorations to post on there as well (which will be up soon).




My other shop deals with dogs, of course. As you know from previous posts, I love baking treats for Penny.  Lately, I feel like the novelty of gourmet and homemade dog treats have been getting more and more popular and whenever I bake for Penny, I always make sure to have extras on hand to give her friends. People keep telling me that I should sell them, and after seeing them all over Etsy and at farmers markets, I decided to put them up on Etsy and see what happens. This shop was just posted - as in, today. By next week, I'll have a few more varieties of treats up there. 



You can check out the shops by clicking on the shop logos above. I figured it would be something fun for me to do since I love to work on crafst and I love to bake. Let me know what you think! And while you're at it, play around on Etsy - you'll thank me or curse me later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment