Thursday, January 19, 2012

Nature! Goulet!

If you've ever seen Will Ferrell's impression of Robert Goulet on SNL, you'll understand my title selection. If you haven't, go Google it ASAP. You'll be glad you did.
Anyway...I managed the impossible. Holding a steady camera while also hanging on to a leash while the dog on the other end doesn't know which of the 32 squirrels around her to chase first and I'm pretty sure has doggie ADD (does that even exist?) takes true talent. Actually, I figured out the perfect little trick - I stepped on the leash to hold it down to free my hands. That worked for a little while until she figured out what I was doing and decided to run circles around my left ankle. Since I'm pretty sure I was about 10 seconds away from having my circulation cut off, I stopped shooting real quick. A prosthetic foot is not in my budget right now.
Surprisingly, I managed to get a lot more shots than I thought. It was sunset so I caught some great ones across the lake and some of the trees were still brown and orange so they looked real pretty.











No comments:

Post a Comment