Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The south & the sea

This past weekend, I joined my husband up in Atlanta. It was chilly, but the clear, blue skies, friendly people and plethora of things to do overshadowed the temps. We spent time at the historic MLK site, the old Fox Theater and the Georgia Aquarium, which is one of the best ones that I've been to. I took way more pictures than I should have, but it's a good thing since I had to delete a bunch. Unfortunately, the cloudiness of the tanks didn't make for the greatest picture clarity (*shaking fist* damn you, sea algae!) but I did get some good ones! The first sea turtle picture is my personal favorite.
Since there were so many pics, I'll start with the aquarium photos since those are the majority. Tomorrow, I'll post the rest.




Those colorful beads attached to him are to identify him. They're not a result of a recent trip to Jamaica.


I love this little guy. He looks like he's waving "hello!"

This large manta ray is pretty badass. Look at him pushing all those other fish out of the way like he owns the place.

Now he's just showing off, doing flips.





These jellyfish were really glowing - they really did look like neon in person! Beautiful.





The otters were quite possibly the cutest things ever. 

The one in the upper left had a lot to say. The other two were clearly not amused.



I feel like he should be called a "Bubba fish" because of his buck teeth, ha ha!




For the record, I do not like frogs. At all. They're slimy and creepy and unless his name is Kermit and he's made out of fabric, I'm not a fan. However...in the interest of photography, the pretty colors won over my lack of enthusiasm of amphibians. Plus, we were all separated by a nice, thick window of plexi-glass.


This frog looks like she has on lipstick. 




No comments:

Post a Comment