Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The sun and the moon

It was such a beautiful weekend here in Tampa! I took the opportunity to snap some pics in my own backyard while the sun was gracing us with her presence. Yesterday, I took Penny to a local park for a walk and wished I'd had my camera with me. I may go back on my own since trying to work a camera while a hyper pup wants who to chase every squirrel and duck she sees is not so easy. It takes talent to master that. There's a lake with ducks and birds, and some of the trees surrounding the lake are brown, orange and red. One of the very few signs of "Fall" that you'll see in Tampa. Actually, it's not really the changing of the season as much as it's the lack of rain we've had, but it still looks pretty and makes me reminisce about being back up in NY.

These are the ONLY flowers in our yard to survive this crazy on-and-off winter we've had. 

This is the "squirrel tree." A huge oak in the corner our yard that's very popular with the squirrels since there is never a shortage of acorns. Our old dog, Pita, is buried under this tree with a squirrel statue next to her since she used to love to jump up and try to "catch" the squirrels in this tree. Penny is starting to follow suit :)


Almost time to say goodbye to the poinsettas! It's amazing how these bright red plants can make a house seem so festive. 

The full moon last night was too pretty not to photograph. It was so vibrant and bright and was glowing through our tangerine tree.

Your daily dose of cute. Oh, that face!

No comments:

Post a Comment