Friday, January 6, 2012

Welcome to my new little corner of the world!

This blog is a result of a project that's WAY overdue. Last year, one of my New Year's Resolutions was to try out a new project. I absolutely love photography and I think I've always had a pretty good eye for it. I could spend hours on the computer editing and working on my pictures and it's developed into one of my favorite hobbies. With that, I had decided last year that I was going to take one picture each day for an entire year and document them somewhere. Well, that all went out the window because a) someone who was ever so kind to take a picture of us on New Year's Eve accidentally dropped my camera and that was the end of that, and b) even though I got a new camera ASAP, wedding plans were in full effect and pretty much consumed my entire life until April 9th so even though I had all intentions of "catching up," that never happened.

However, this year, things are different.

My photography hobby has always been accompanied by a regular Canon point and shoot. Nothing wrong with that since Canon makes excellent quality cameras, but something I'd always wanted was a good quality, heavy-duty camera with all the bells and whistles. I really loved the Canon Rebel and to my surprise, on Christmas morning I opened up a brand-new Canon Rebel T3! A gift from my husband and parents. It's the new love of my life - I'm totally obsessed with it. And so, my last year's resolution went right into effect and Pictures & Pawprints was born.I figured it would also be a great place for me to showcase some pictures in the past that I've taken as well (like the 1,010 that I took on our honeymoon to Greece and Italy. Don't worry - I'll only post a few of those). I'm taking my first photography course on February 4th and I can't wait!

I've stuck to it and will be uploading the first few shortly. Lucky for her, my little basenji mix, Penny Lane, is the subject of a few of them since she's so darn photogenic and well, it gives me a chance to practice the "continuous shot" feature since God knows she can't sit still for 2 minutes.

What will my pictures be of? Anything, really. It all depends on my mood and what I feel like shooting. Photography is a great, creative outlet for me so I'm really excited about this. And putting this blog out there for all to see will give me an excuse to keep up with it. For my family and friends who read our personal blog, that will still be kept up since this blog serves an entirely different purpose.

In the meantime, I'll start out a little backwards and post last night's picture. It's Penny, of course, as she went psycho on her tennis ball. Enjoy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment